Installation of psycopg2

David Rippel david.rippel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:19:18 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to install psycopg2 using MacPorts (on MacOS 10.6.8). I have
installed Python2.7, and used the following command to install psycopg2:
sudo port install py27-psycopg2

The installation runs OK and finishes, but when I try to import psycopg2 on
a python shell it fails. I did a little more digging, it seems that MacPorts
has installed another version of python2.7 (/opt/local/bin/python2.7) and
when I run it on that installation it works.

Why did MacPorts thought it needs to install another version of python2.7?
Also, how do I get MacPorts to install on my original Python2.7
(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python)?

Thanks,
David