Upgraded (partially?) to v2.0.3, now port updates fail, OSX 10.6.8

Fielding, Eric J (3242) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 6 07:14:00 PDT 2011

On 10/5/11 6:45 PM, "Ryan Schmidt" <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>On Oct 5, 2011, at 09:50, Fielding, Eric J (3242) wrote:
>
>> I upgraded to MacPorts v2.0.3 when a recent "port selfupdate"
>>recommended this. It ran for a long time doing the conversion, and after
>>about 20 minutes, I stopped it. Now it seems that my MacPorts
>>directories are corrupted.
>
>The conversion of installed ports to MacPorts 2 format can take several
>hours, depending on how many you have installed and how fast your disk is.
>
>I'm not certain how to instruct MacPorts to attempt the conversion again,
>now that you interrupted it.

Thanks for your reply and explanation. It might be a good idea to add a
warning when the conversion starts that it could take a very long time so
others don't make my mistake.

I should probably just start over from scratch, to avoid future problems
with a partial conversion. I see the uninstall directions at
http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html so
I will use those.

Thanks,
    ++Eric