py27-spyder fails to update

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 7 09:56:28 PDT 2011

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list by using Reply All.

On Oct 7, 2011, at 11:25, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> Am 07.10.2011 um 18:06 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
>

>> On Oct 7, 2011, at 08:49, mark brethen wrote:
>>
>>> Ran 'port upgrade outdated' this morning:
>>>
>>> --->  Computing dependencies for py27-spyder
>>> --->  Fetching py27-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://spyderlib.googlecode.com/files/
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://distfiles.macports.org/py-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/py-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://her.gr.distfiles.macports.org/mirrors/macports/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://sea.us.distfiles.macports.org/macports/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/py-spyder
>>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
>>> Log for py27-spyder is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-spyder/py27-spyder/main.log
>>> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>>>
>>> Why is it not finding the widget patch?
>>
>> Please selfupdate and try again. There was about an hour on August 16 when the "files" directory was incorrectly named "Files", which, if you have a case-sensitive filesystem, could have caused this problem.
>>
>> If that doesn't work, delete the directory $(port dir py27-spyder)/files and/or $(port dir py27-spyder)/Files, selfupdate again, and try again. Sometimes case-only renames ("Files" -> "files") don't work right on case-insensitive filesystems, and it's simpler to just delete the directory and let selfupdate recreate it.

> Hi All,
>
> This also happens sometimes on slow connections. Also, waiting while helps.
>

> regards
> 	Keith

That has nothing to do with it in this case. The port is trying to fetch the patchfile from servers. That's never going to work; the patchfile isn't on any of those servers. The patchfile is supposed to be in the files directory that lives next to the portfile. The steps I suggested above should hopefully fix it so that the patchfile gets put where it's supposed to be.