py27-spyder fails to update

mark brethen mbrethen at aim.com
Fri Oct 7 11:36:42 PDT 2011

On Oct 7, 2011, at 11:06 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2011, at 08:49, mark brethen wrote:
>
>> Ran 'port upgrade outdated' this morning:
>>
>> --->  Computing dependencies for py27-spyder
>> --->  Fetching py27-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://spyderlib.googlecode.com/files/
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://distfiles.macports.org/py-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/py-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://her.gr.distfiles.macports.org/mirrors/macports/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://sea.us.distfiles.macports.org/macports/mpdistfiles/py-spyder
>> --->  Attempting to fetch patch-widgets-pylintgui.py.diff from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/py-spyder
>> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
>> Log for py27-spyder is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-spyder/py27-spyder/main.log
>> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>>
>> Why is it not finding the widget patch?
>
> Please selfupdate and try again. There was about an hour on August 16 when the "files" directory was incorrectly named "Files", which, if you have a case-sensitive filesystem, could have caused this problem.
>
> If that doesn't work, delete the directory $(port dir py27-spyder)/files and/or $(port dir py27-spyder)/Files, selfupdate again, and try again. Sometimes case-only renames ("Files" -> "files") don't work right on case-insensitive filesystems, and it's simpler to just delete the directory and let selfupdate recreate it.

I guess I should have mentioned that I ran selfupdate first (which was the reason for upgrading). Anyway it installed this time around:

--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.0.3 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
brethen-mbp:~ marbre$ sudo port upgrade outdated
--->  Computing dependencies for py27-spyder
--->  Fetching py27-spyder
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for py27-spyder
--->  Extracting py27-spyder
--->  Applying patches to py27-spyder
--->  Configuring py27-spyder
--->  Building py27-spyder
--->  Staging py27-spyder into destroot
--->  Installing py27-spyder @2.0.12_6
--->  Cleaning py27-spyder
--->  Computing dependencies for py27-spyder
--->  Deactivating py27-spyder @2.0.12_3
--->  Cleaning py27-spyder
--->  Activating py27-spyder @2.0.12_6
--->  Cleaning py27-spyder