Setup problem with Mailman

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Mon Oct 10 18:52:32 PDT 2011

Hi all,

(cross posted to Macports-users and Mailman-users lists, as I'm not sure
where the answer to the problem is more likely to come from)

I upgraded a server the other day to Mac OS 10.7, and due to a new
version of Macports required an uninstall/reinstall of Mailman.

As seems to be the usual case, the new Mailman/Fetchmail install needs
some tweaks to get it working right - the Dreaded Group Mismatch Error
in Mailman, SSL required but configured --without-ssl in Fetchmail,
etc... I've fought my way through all of those, but...

Currently it's telling me that the location of the MDA, which in the
previous Fetchmailrc file was /opt/local/libexec/mailman/mail/mailman
and worked fine before the upgrade, is a directory which doesn't exist.
  And that's true, it doesn't.

So, the question is, where did it move to?  Where *should* Fetchmail be
told that the Mailman MDA is?

Thanks for relieving my frustration.