problem building mingw cross compiler

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Oct 12 07:23:46 PDT 2011

> I was about to submit a bug report, but it might be that the first
> question they will ask will be, why I'm still using 3.4.5-20060117-2
> (more than 5 years old) which might not be supported any more.
>
> A year ago when I had problems with Segmentation fault of ldd, all
> problems were gone when I upgraded from 2.19 to 2.21.

Ah good point (experience is a great thing!).

I'd email the maintainer (landonf) and/or file a ticket requesting updates.
http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

$ port livecheck "*mingw*"
Error: cannot check if i386-mingw32-binutils was updated (regex didn't match)
Error: cannot check if i386-mingw32-gcc was updated (regex didn't match)
i386-mingw32-libunicows seems to have been updated (port version: 1.1.1,
new version: 1.1.2)
Error: cannot check if i386-mingw32-runtime was updated (regex didn't match)
Error: cannot check if i386-mingw32-w32api was updated (regex didn't match)