Universal and upgrades

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:23:40 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Adam Dershowitz <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> You might be right.  Although, since wine-devel was all built and working before I tried to upgrade I am not sure how that could be.  The errors were things like this:
> :info:build ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libIDL-2.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

I just tried to upgrade my wine-devel and have the same problem.  So
something fishy seems to be going on.  I also had to install
jasper+universal to get gdk-pixbuf2 to upgrade, which should not be
required as far as I can tell (see ticket #29507).

Hmm, seems that gstreamer and gst-plugins-base dependencies were just
added to wine-devel.  They of course have deps of their own.  For
instance libidl, which I already have installed non-universal.  It
needs to be universal for wine-devel to work, but the port command did
not figure that out on its own.  I thought it was supposed to do that
these days...

Scott