Installation Alert window will not close!

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Thu Oct 13 09:10:01 PDT 2011

Hello Folks :

Well, it happened again.
I'm installing xCode, (decided to do a 'factory settings' refresh on
the OS). The 'Installation Alert' window has come up, telling me
that I must close iTunes.

Following the instructions that you good folks gave me, from
terminal I executed:
killall iTunesHelper

But the Alert Window does not go away and installation is stalled.
Grr! I'm unable to see any additional process that needs to be killed
and I'm afraid that to reboot could corrupt everything again.

Please advise
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com