Forum?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Oct 15 11:14:43 PDT 2011

>>>>> "Ryan" == Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> writes:

Ryan> I like mailing lists better because the conversation is delivered
Ryan> directly to me without me having to do anything, beyond having my
Ryan> email program open, which I generally already do. I hear the "new
Ryan> message" sound and can see that new messages have arrived in the
Ryan> folders into which I sort my mailing list messages.

I prefer mailing lists that have NNTP servers attached, so I don't have
to pull down anything I don't want to read.

Ryan> Whereas with a forum, I have to constantly go visit the forum web
Ryan> site to see if any new messages have arrived. I seldom remember to
Ryan> do so.

It has gotten better with RSS feeds.