determining the exact variants that got installed

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 16:41:40 PDT 2011

On Oct 16, 2011, at 6:35 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> $port installed gdal
>> The following ports are currently installed:
>> gdal @1.8.0_0+expat
>> gdal @1.8.0_1+curl+expat+geos+netcdf+postgresql90+python27+spatialite+sqlite3 (active)
>> gdal @1.8.0_1+expat
>>

>> So, it seems I have multiple versions of gdal installed, and the PostGIS configure script is probably picking up the wrong version. Looking above, how do I uninstall `gdal @1.8.0_0+expat`. And, what is the difference between the next two?
>
> Only one version is active, so the wrong versions cannot actually be picked up. Perhaps you have non-macports versions also installed?
>
> Either way, you can uninstall ambiguous port names by using the whole line that's printed from port installed:
> port uninstall gdal @1.8.0_1+expat

Thanks. That helped get rid of the inactive ports. Yet, my problem continues...

~$port installed gdal
  gdal @1.8.0_1+curl+expat+geos+netcdf+postgresql90+python27+spatialite+sqlite3 (active)

$port content gdal
Port gdal contains:
  ..
  /opt/local/bin/gdal-config
  ..

punkish at Lucknow ~/Projects/postgis-svn$./configure --with-pgconfig=/opt/local/lib/postgresql90/bin/pg_config --with-gdalconfig=/opt/local/bin/gdal-config --with-geosconfig=/opt/local/bin/geos-config --with-raster --with-topology --with-projdir=/opt/local

RASTER: Raster support requested
checking for GDAL >= 1.6.0... found
checking for GDALFPolygonize in -lgdal... no
checking for GDAL Python bindings... not found
configure: error: GDAL Python bindings required by raster2pgsql.py loader

rats.

I am specifically requesting for the only gdal-config available.

--
Puneet Kishor