netpbm fails to download using svn

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:23:26 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 23:18, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2011, at 18:08, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
> > How does this error get corrected if the maintainer is unwilling to fix
> an obvious defect?
>
> Are you saying that MacPorts' capability to fetch sources from CVS,
> Subversion, Git, Mercurial, and Bazaar repositories should never be used,
> because sometimes individual projects' servers might be down?

You're reading backwards.  *Someone* thinks so, which is what the OP is
complaining about; see http://trac.macports.org/ticket/29692 .  (In short:
 they aren't fixing svn checkout, because they think svn is evil.  I'm
somewhat boggled by the comment in question; if they don't like svn, why is
the port using it?)