how to install old port subversion in tbz2?

Giovanni Azua bravegag at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:02:39 PDT 2011

Hello,

After doing "upgrade outdated" got an unwanted update to Subversion 1.7.0 and this screwed my ecosystem with Eclipse (since the Eclipse SVN plugin uses still the old 1.6.x format and there is no 1.7.0 ready) Before researching anything I tried uninstalling all Subversion port versions and tried to install the 1.6.x explicitly but this didn't work (I didnt know I cant install specific versions ... this is quite a limitation!). At this point I realized I could have just switched the active one but was already too late.

Now I have the subversion-1.6.17_1.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2 file and I just want to install it.

How can I do that?

TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni