subversion 1.7.0

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 18 16:23:45 PDT 2011

If you use subversion, be aware that the just-released 1.7.0 seems to have a few problems. I for one am waiting until at least Subversion 1.7.1 before I upgrade.

Summary of the issues I've seen mentioned on the Subversion users mailing list so far:

* Working copies, especially months- or years-old ones, upgraded to 1.7 format may fail, either immediately or soon. Assume that you'll have to check out new working copies with 1.7. Commit any unfinished work in your working copies before upgrading to 1.7.

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2011-10/0429.shtml

* If you use mod_dav_svn but not in every vhost, POST requests in your non-svn vhosts may fail.

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2011-10/0461.shtml

* There's a problem with authz that should be fixed in 1.7.1.

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2011-10/0419.shtml

And we also have a MacPorts-specific bug related to if you use svn for syncing your ports tree; I think MacPorts base will need to be updated to address this issue.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/31644