boxes not working in Lion?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 19 18:51:12 PDT 2011

On Oct 19, 2011, at 20:31, saiwingy wrote:

> I have been using the port boxes for a year or so and it had been working
> great. Since I upgraded to Lion it seemed to have stopped working. It built
> and installed just fine, but no matter how I call it I always get "boxes:
> Bad address" in return. The only commands that work were "boxes -v" and
> "boxes -h". I am wondering if other people are seeing the same thing, or is
> it just me. Thank you.
>
> I am on 10.7.2 and have updated everything on macports just yesterday.

If you have Xcode 4.2 maybe it doesn't like being compiled with clang; try llvm-gcc-4.2:

sudo port clean boxes
sudo port uninstall boxes
sudo port install boxes configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2

If you have Xcode 4.1 maybe it doesn't like being compiled with llvm-gcc-4.2; try gcc-4.2:

sudo port clean boxes
sudo port uninstall boxes
sudo port install boxes configure.compiler=gcc-4.2

Let us know what works.