php5-mysql +mysql5 error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 26 15:50:54 PDT 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 16:40, Puneet Kishor wrote:

> I installed both php5 or mysql5-server-devel via macports

Aha! Unfortunately mysql5-devel/mysql5-server-devel is very out of date right now; I haven't kept it updated. I know I need to do that. See:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/25751

I recommend you use mysql5/mysql5-server for now if you want to install php5-mysql with the mysql5 variant.

Alternately, I concur with Bradley's recommendation to just use the mysqlnd variant. It's the default variat for a good reason: it doesn't add any dependencies, and it should work fine for any recent version of MySQL.