PhpMyAdmin question

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 27 17:01:09 PDT 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 16:59, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> Do I need to create a sym link between apache & phpmyadmin in order to access it from a browser such as:
>
> sudo ln -s /opt/local/www/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf

Not like that. phpmyadmin's config.inc.php is the PHP file you use to configure how phpmyadmin works. It's not related to apache.

> I keep getting a 404 when calling <http://localhost/phpmyadmin/>.

Yes you do need to somehow get phpmyadmin into your web space. One way would be to create a symlink in your document root. For example if your document root is /opt/local/apache2/htdocs you could do:

cd /opt/local/apache2/htdocs
ln -s /opt/local/www/phpmyadmin phpmyadmin

Or, you could configure an apache Alias directive in your httpd.conf. It's up to you.