PhpMyAdmin question

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 06:10:26 PDT 2011

On 27/10/11 at 01:01, ryandesign at macports.org (Ryan Schmidt) wrote:

>Yes you do need to somehow get phpmyadmin into your web space.
>One way would be to create a symlink in your document root. For
>example if your document root is /opt/local/apache2/htdocs you
>could do:
>
>cd /opt/local/apache2/htdocs
>ln -s /opt/local/www/phpmyadmin phpmyadmin

I took your advice & rather than move the phpmyadmin directory,
I used the symlink above.

MySQL throws the error `access denied #2002 - The server is not
responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly
configured) when the phpMyAdmin front page loads.

in config.inc.php the socket is /tmp/mysql.sock which works with
PHP files. I spent a good while Googling this but nothing of any
use came up.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

     Phil.

--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...