PhpMyAdmin question

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:58:21 PDT 2011

On 28/10/11 at 22:33, ryandesign at macports.org (Ryan Schmidt) wrote:

>But he told us before he's not using MacPorts mysql5; he's
>using his own manually-compiled MySQL server. In which case,
>Phil, you need to figure out where that server of yours is
>putting its socket file, and then tell PHP by editing the
>php.ini or perhaps the phpmyadmin config file.
>

>Or, forgo using a socket file and connect to your server by its
>IP address, e.g. "127.0.0.1".

I used all three methods in the end. Entered `/tmp/mysql.sock’
in both config.inc.php & php.ini & used 127.0.0.1 instead of
localhost & I’m in.

Thanks for all the help & apologies for being a bit slow on this
one (I should’ve known not to point my default socket to
`/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/` because the directory doesn’t
exist on my machine not having used MacPorts to install MySQL).

Cheers,

     Phil.

--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...