DBD::mysql question

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 06:11:35 PDT 2011

On Oct 29, 2011, at 5:50 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I’m trying to install p5.12-dbd-mysql but it starts to download MySQL 5 with a view, I should imagine, to install that first.
>
> Seeing as I’ve rolled my own MySQL what’s the syntax to port install p5.12-dbd-mysql without MySQL? Is it sudo port install p5.12-dbd-mysql -mysql5?

I could be wrong, but I think if a port depends on another port (as described in its portfile), you are kinda out of luck --- the dependency will get installed. That is why I have a couple of three different perls now on my computer, and a few other superfluous software packages.

Instead, for the most part, when it comes to perl modules, just install them using cpan or cpanminus (I prefer cpanminus). As long as your macport preferred perl is the default perl in the path, your requested module will get installed correctly.

--
Puneet Kishor