DBD::mysql question

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 08:08:58 PDT 2011

On 29/10/11 at 14:03, ryandesign at macports.org (Ryan Schmidt) wrote:

>On Oct 29, 2011, at 05:50, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>
>>Seeing as I’ve rolled my own MySQL what’s the syntax to
>>port install p5.12-dbd-mysql without MySQL? Is it sudo port
>>install p5.12-dbd-mysql -mysql5?
>
>As far as I know, DBD::MySQL requires the MySQL libraries, and
>MacPorts won't use the MySQL you compiled yourself.

I just wondered because DBI installed fine from MacPorts. But
looking back at the copy of my install of DBD::mysql I had to
explicity add flags for perl to find the MySQL libs & includes
at compile time (this with perl 5.14 & DBD::mysql in usr/local/)
so maybe not...

Cheers,

     Phil.
--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...