registry errors across versions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 1 13:34:59 PDT 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 09:39, Richard DeLaurell wrote:

> I know this must be an old issue, but I cannot find the answer so sorry for asking again.
>
> I ran port_cutleaves and got a host of "registry errors: <port_name> not registered" for those ports which were found and which I asked to uninstall.
>
> Is this b/c those ports were installed unter 1.9.x and now I'm trying to uninstall under 2.0.1?
>
> If it is what I need to do, how can the registry be resolved across versions?

Could it be you're running an old version of port_cutleaves that doesn't understand the SQLite registry that is now mandatory in MacPorts 2? Try upgrading port_cutleaves.

Also, you may not need port_cutleaves anymore. I happen to still like it, but much of its functionality is in MacPorts base now; you can use "port installed leaves" to see what leaves you have, and "sudo port uninstall leaves" uninstall them. If the list of leaves isn't accurate, check "port installed requested"; that's the list of ports MacPorts thinks you want. If it's missing entries, you can use "sudo port setrequested" to add a port to that list, or "sudo port unsetrequested" to remove a port. Then "leaves" should be accurate.