Can't install clisp (common lisp)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 4 23:23:16 PDT 2011

On Sep 4, 2011, at 23:28, Yves S. Garret wrote:

> --->  Building libsigsegv
> DEBUG: Executing org.macports.build (libsigsegv)
> DEBUG: Environment: MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.7'

> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_libsigsegv/work/libsigsegv-2.7" && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2

> I haven't used mac-ports in a while, how do you updated the repository?

Right, the current version of libsigsegv in MacPorts is 2.9, not 2.7. Try that.

Note though that libsigsegv was updated to 2.9 in MacPorts in December 2010, long before Lion ever came out. That means you have not followed the migration instructions, which, upon upgrading your OS version, require you to upgrade Xcode, reinstall MacPorts, and uninstall and reinstall all ports. See:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

At minimum, you will want to clean the failed libsigsegv build:

sudo port clean libsigsegv

Then update MacPorts and your ports definitions:

sudo port selfupdate

If you were running MacPorts 1.x before, run selfupdate a second time to make sure your port index gets built properly with MacPorts 2.x.

Then look through the list of now-outdated ports:

port outdated

Update the ones you want to, hopefully all of them:

sudo port upgrade outdated

Finally, try installing the port again:

sudo port install libsigsegv

If it fails again, file an issue in the issue tracker.