Root install problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 5 00:43:58 PDT 2011

On Sep 5, 2011, at 02:36, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:

> Hi all! when installing ROOT, I get this:
>
> $ sudo port -vv install root +builtin_ftgl+gcc45+mysql+opengl+python26+qt_mac+roofit+ssl+xml
> --->  Computing dependencies for root.
> --->  Staging root into destroot

This is not a clean build. If it had been, we would have seen additional stages running before the destroot phase.

> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_science_root/root/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/root/ROOT.py": no such file or directory

> Any idea why ROOT.py is missing?

In its destroot phase, the root port *moves* ROOT.py into place (instead of copying it, as would be the more normal way). Presumably, something subsequent to this step failed. Then you tried again, and this time it failed trying to move the now-nonexistent (already-moved) ROOT.py.

Clean and try again to get the real first error, and tell us what that is (ideally by filing a ticket in the issue tracker).

sudo port clean root