Noob trying to apply a patch for #31073

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 5 13:53:26 PDT 2011

On Sep 5, 2011, at 15:14, Matt Hess wrote:

> Hello.  I was trying to upgrade a port and ran into issue 31073.  I then tried to apply the patch listed in that ticket, but I am unfamiliar with the MacPorts build process and I accidentally ran "make distclean" in the var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base/src/port1.0 directory.  Now any of the Tcl-dependent MacPorts functionality seems to be broken.
>
> I know, I'm an idiot, but I was hoping someone could let me know what files to update or point me towards a solution where I wouldn't lose all my currently installed ports (I have a lot of them and I use them for work).

I am not certain what "make distclean" would do in that directory. If your MacPorts seems broken, reinstall MacPorts.

Rather than trying to apply the patch from #31073, consider simply installing MacPorts from trunk which already includes the fix. Instructions for installing MacPorts from trunk should be findable in our wiki.