TK and X11 instead of Aqua

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Mon Sep 5 17:00:23 PDT 2011

On 6 Σεπ 2011, at 12:41 π.μ., Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2011, at 16:20, Panayotis Katsaloulis wrote:
>
>> After some updates, the interface of TK changed from X11 to Aqua.
>
> I believe that should only happen if you deliberately requested tk's +quartz variant, otherwise it should be using X11. I also don't think anything has changed about this in quite some time.

 Thank you for the tip!
Indeed the problem was that I didn't even install TK after Lion re-installation of MacPorts.
Your answer pointed me to the correct direction: to see what kind of TK I had installed.
I didn't have any, I was using Apple's and this is the reason for the Aqua interface.

Thank you again.