What is db46 and why is it such a pain?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:01:44 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 21:47, Yves S. Garret <yoursurrogategod at gmail.com>wrote:

> I tried getting a different DNS (used google's public DNS) and that failed
> to work.  What makes me wonder is, why is this product even remotely related
> to gedit?  Some dependency down the tree of dependencies?

Possibly, but it's not unheard of for text editors to save line number to
byte offset mappings (or to the lines themselves; see nvi for an example
that also uses Sleepycat DB) in simple databases.

In any case, Oracle being who they are, I'd suspect less a 404 than that
they tossed in some license agreement nonsense and it'll be necessary to
manually agree and download the patches (wouldn't be the first time they did
it, even).  Try renaming the downloaded patch files to have a .html
extension and loading them in a browser.