libpython.dylib sym link ?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Sep 13 01:25:21 PDT 2011

On 2011-09-12 22:32 , Chris Jones wrote:
> I am trying to fix a problem with the root port and the python26 variant. The code for the variant is below.
>
> As far as I can tell, the configure step for the build fails because the python-libdir directory does not have a lib libpython.dylib file. It only has the versioned file libpython2.6.dylib.
>
> Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > ls /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/config/
> Makefile		Setup.config		config.c		install-sh		libpython2.6.dylib	python.o
> Setup			Setup.local		config.c.in		libpython2.6.a		makesetup
>
> Is there anyway I can create this versionless version, via a sym link for instance (which is how the /Developer/SDKs areas handle this) ? Or any other advice on how to fix this ?

I think build systems should use the pythonX.Y-config commands or the
Makefile provided in the config directory to determine flags.

'python2.6-config --ldflags' returns -lpython2.6 for me which would be
correct.

$ python2.6-config --ldflags
-L/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/config
-ldl -framework CoreFoundation -lpython2.6

I guess the root port always uses -lpython without querying the python
config. A symlink in this directory should not harm, so it could be added.

Rainer