libmagic?

Johannes Ruscheinski ruschein at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 14:23:59 PDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I am porting a C++ library from Linux to OS X and when I build it with
one of the MacPorts C++ compilers the compiler can't find the
<magic.h> system header.  I tried "port search magic" and found
nothing that seemed appropriate.   Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Johannes

Obligatory current favourite quotes:

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever
believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
--Richard Dawkins

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
false, and by the rulers as useful".
 -- Seneca
"I have more confidence in the methods of science, based on the amazing
record of science and its ability over the centuries to answer
unanswerable questions, than I do in the methods of faith (what are they?)."
 -- David J. Gross "Physics Nobel Laureate"

"Atheism is a religion to the same extent that not collecting stamps is a
 hobby."
 -- seen on Slashdot.org

http://xkcd.com/808/