installation log file

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 09:18:00 PDT 2011

Does macports keep a log file of all the installs? I am trying to keep a record of all the installs, including what worked and what didn't (and the work around), but am wondering if I am duplicating something the macports does anyway.

I don't see anything at /opt/local/var/macports/logs (other than a few individual port logs), and I see the following question at serverfault from a couple of years ago with no conclusive resolution [http://serverfault.com/questions/57672/where-does-macports-log-its-stdout]