p5-dbd-mysql error...

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:57:26 PDT 2011

On Sep 18, 2011, at 10:26 PM, Jeff Justice wrote:

> Trying to install p5-dbd-mysql and it comes back with:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for p5-dbd-mysql
> Error: Dependency 'p5.12-dbd-mysql' not found.
>
> Thoughts? Solution?

Check out [http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=58981]. It may not have anything to do with installing DBD::mysql via MacPorts (although I installed Perl 5.14.1 via MacPorts, I use cpanm for installing all the modules), but I found that I couldn't get DBD::mysql to install unless I set an env variable like so

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/mysql5/mysql