/usr/local question

Glenn English ghe at slsware.com
Wed Apr 4 10:20:19 PDT 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> I don't see /usr/local in my system's default for $PATH, either on 10.6 or 10.7.

Sorry. Maybe I should have said, "the default *nix $PATH". I don't know about others.

OTOH, here's my user $PATH on 10.7.3: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games.

I'd always assumed that MacPorts put itself in /opt/local so there wouldn't be a problem with libs and bins that had the same names on the *nix systems they were originally written for. I thought that was very clever of them.

--
Glenn English