Website Management tool

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Sat Apr 7 05:10:02 PDT 2012

Am Samstag, 7. April 2012, 11:15:58 schrieb Andrew Long:
> I'm looking for recommendations for a graphical web-site management tool
> hosted on Macports. The package should report on broken links, suggest
> fixes, and make it easy to move files around.
As far is i understand you are looking for a CMS (content management system)
or at least WCMS (web content management system).

This is nothing special for Macports, but i've been using the following since
many years in many environments with many different users on many different
expertise levels:

- Zope - http://www.zope.org
- ZMS - http://www.zmspublishing.com

ZMS has even a "Mac style" GUI to select.

Zope could be installed from macports or "by hand". ZMS will be installed as a
"Zope product" - means you just copy the extracted tree to the Zopes "Product"
folder,

If you are looking for a more community oriented CMS you may take a look at
Plone: http://www.plone org (evenb Zope based).

There are ready to run Plone installers for Mac OSX available. You did not
need to install Zope before / alone for Plone.
http://plone.org/products/plone

Zope has it's own software management beside if you prefer this and Zope based
Software could be easily installed into any choosen filesystem folder / area
of your need.

hth
best regards,

Niels.