UsingTheRightCompiler

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 23:30:46 PDT 2012

With xcode 4.2 (or 4.1 or 4.0) Apple did away with gcc and only brings llvm-gcc and clang. By default MacPorts uses the compiler that comes with Xcode and only uses a macports compiler when the xcode compilers don't work at all. And when people are using Lion, they are likely to have Xcode 4.x installed.
That said, pango installs fine via default macports for me. And clang works fine on the projects I compile on my own.

Dom