Using MacPorts Python packages in different Python

Kamesh Krishnamurthy kameshkk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:15:17 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have two installations of Python 2.7.2 -- from MacPorts and Enthought --
on my Mac. I use the Enthought Python as the primary one for performance
reasons(MKL Blas included); however, my MacPorts distribution has several
additional packages like pymacs, rope etc., which I would like to make
available to the Enthought Python. (I'm actually trying to use MacPorts
Emacs w/ Enthought Python, but also make use of the MacPorts-installed
Rope, Pymacs for code completion in Emacs).

Is there a clean way to make the MacPorts packages available to the
Enthought Python without breaking anything? I'd prefer not having multiple
copies of rope, pymacs etc., if possible.

I did try searching for this and haven't found anything pertinent on the
mailing list archives. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed
before.

Thanks,

Kamesh