`uzbl' crashes Apple's X11 (but not current Xquartz)

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:43:12 PDT 2012

has someone experience with the `uzbl' web browser (under macos 10.6.8
with uzbl @2011.11.28) using Apple's X11?

I installed uzbl yesterday on two machines both running 10.6.8 but one
using Apple's X11, the other one using Xquartz. on the latter everything
is fine, on the former I get reproducible X11 crashes (SIGSEV exception)
when trying to use the `fl' command (intended to enumerate all links on
the visited webpage): when trying to type in the `fl' command the `l'
never is echoed in the bottom left "CMD" window, but instead X11 crashes.

can someone confirm this behaviour?
is this an upstream (uzbl or X11) issue or could it be patched in the
macports package?

any feedback appreciated,

joerg