How remove port info but not installed files?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Apr 18 10:42:53 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-18, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed, it's space I want to conserve on my relatively small SSD boot drive.
>
> It's the original MacTeX TeXLive 2011 installation I want to keep -- and
> NOT the MacPorts version.
>
> (Various reasons for that preference, including a very helpful GUI
> maintenance utility that's part of MacTeX.)

In that case, your best bet is to uninstall the texlive and asymptote
ports and either compile it yourself, see if you can get one of the
precompiled binaries to work, or install it with homebrew (not
recommended; due to how homebrew installs into /usr/local, this could
cause problems with your MacPorts install).

You could also try altering the Asymptote Portfile to not depend on
texlive. I'm not sure how extensive these changes would have to be.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448