php5-mysql

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Apr 19 08:06:46 PDT 2012

On Apr 19, 2012, at 7:22 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> does anybody know whether mariadb just works with php5-mysql ???

Depends which php5-mysql variant is select.

The php5-mysql mysqlnd variant (the default) has worked for me with any mysql I have attempted to connect to, so yes.

The php5-mysql mysql5 variant has a depends_lib path dependency on bin/mysql_config5, and it looks like mariadb provides bin/mysql_config5, so yes.

The php5-mysql mysql4 variant has a depends_lib port dependency on mysql4 which conflicts with the mariadb port, so no.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)