apache 2.4

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Thu Apr 19 13:24:52 PDT 2012

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Apparently it breaks (almost) all plugins (new API/ABI), from what I have been hearing.
>
> I just read in their notes that all plugins must be recompiled, and that only a few source changes might be required. But I have not tried it.
>
> If anyone tries 2.4.2, let me know the results.

If I want to try it, is there a way to automatically tell the plugins
that they have to recompile ???

In my case it'll be :
bash-4.2$ port installed | grep apache
  mod_evasive @1.10.1_0+apache2 (active)
  php5 @5.3.10_0+apache2+pear+suhosin (active)
bash-4.2$ port installed | grep mod
  mod_chroot @0.5_0 (active)
  mod_dnssd @0.6_0 (active)
  mod_evasive @1.10.1_0+apache2 (active)
  mod_fastcgi @2.4.6_0 (active)
  mod_proxy_html @3.0.1_0 (active)
  mod_python @3.3.1_1 (active)
  mod_security2 @2.6.0_0 (active)

I'm using this in a bash script to update:
for outDated in $(${prefix}/bin/port -q outdated | awk '{print $1}' )
do
    ${prefix}/bin/port clean --all ${outDated}
    ${prefix}/bin/port -cuRp upgrade ${outDated}
done

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
København N ; Danmark ; Europa