postfix & databases

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Apr 19 17:18:14 PDT 2012

On Apr 19, 2012, at 9:25 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2012, at 09:09, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> It seems as if postfix could use mariadb and mysql55 variants ;-)
>
> All ports could use a mysql55 variant. We also want to rename mysql5 to mysql51; when we do that, we'll have to rename variants in all ports as well. Since mariadb is a drop-in replacement for mysql, we may want to architect the variants so that users can do this, without needing to select a specific mariadb variant.

I would like to subdir all the mysql ports to remove conflicts. I have a mysql51 port pretty much done. The issue I am having is with the use of mysql_select. When the binaries are symlinked into prefix/bin then port load can load the wrong mysql. I haven't fixed this yet. I temporary fix would be to just not symlink the bin/mysqld, I think that is the issue where mysqld_safe picks up bin/mysqld if it's present.

I will commit mysql51 now so others can offer improvements.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)