OpenSSL upgrade

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Apr 20 17:38:09 PDT 2012

On Apr 20, 2012, at 7:25 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>>>
>>> Issues with use:
>>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33715
>>
>> This is about 1.0.1, I believe it is fixed in 1.0.1a (it looks like it according to the changelog - I wasn't affected, so I don't have a test case to verify, though).
>>
>>> Issues with install/upgrade:
>>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34135
>>
>> As noted on that ticket, there's a patch that hit OpenSSL head that fixes it (we just need to incorporate it into the port...)
>>
>> [https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34135#comment:6]
>
> In my tests the patch at OpenSSL head does not fix my test cases. If it had I would have submitted a port patch.

It's not clear to me what you're referring to there.

The patch I referred to fixes the build on 10.5/ppc (actually on all non-intel builds). I verified that it builds and passes the openssl test suite with it.

If you're referring to upstream's 1.0.1a release (or some other patch) not fixing the tls problem you were seeing with 1.0.1 - I would suggest that you follow up with upstream.

--
Daniel J. Luke