OpenSSL upgrade

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Apr 20 18:09:34 PDT 2012

On Apr 20, 2012, at 9:01 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2012, at 5:38 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>> If you're referring to upstream's 1.0.1a release (or some other patch) not fixing the tls problem you were seeing with 1.0.1 - I would suggest that you follow up with upstream.
>
> Yes, I am referring to the unresolved tls problem. Curl can work around the problem but I have found no workaround for openldap for example. It also looks like php soap is broke if you need to make a secure soap call.

Did you actually test it? According to https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33715 the problem can be tested by doing:

curl -v https://api-aa-3t.paypal.com/2.0

If I run that with macports curl and openssl 1.0.1a on 10.5/ppc and 10.7/x86_64 it works fine.

The 1.0.1a changelog refers to 2 tls related fixes (that sound like they match the issue(s) you reported).

--
Daniel J. Luke