Not getting updated portfile

Ralph W. Crosby ralphcrosby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 05:04:55 PDT 2012

I'm trying to get an updated version of the portfile for boehmgc to fix a problem with mountain lion. I can look at the web interface and see the updated port file but if I do a

sudo port clean boehmgc
sudo port selfupdate

I don't get the new version. I can look at the portfile on disk  via

cd $(port dir boehmgc)

and it's still the old version according to the id string and revision (actually lack of the revision in the original, revision 1 currently). The change was committed yesterday (22 hrs ago at this point) so it should certainly have propagated to the rsync directories.

I've attached the output of a sudo port -d selfupdate

DEBUG: Copying /Users/rcrosby/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
DEBUG: MacPorts sources location: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
receiving file list ... done

sent 36 bytes  received 8232 bytes  5512.00 bytes/sec
total size is 3261808  speedup is 394.51
MacPorts base version 2.1.2 installed,
DEBUG: Rebuilding and reinstalling MacPorts if needed
MacPorts base version 2.1.2 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after '--exclude=/PortIndex*' rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports
receiving file list ... done

sent 53 bytes  received 684959 bytes  274004.80 bytes/sec
total size is 35704166  speedup is 52.12
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/PortIndex_darwin_12_i386/PortIndex /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports
receiving file list ... done

sent 36 bytes  received 70 bytes  70.67 bytes/sec
total size is 8547616  speedup is 80637.89
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version
DEBUG: Setting MacPorts sources ownership to root

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated

Thanks!