Why can't I select the Mountain Lion Python 2.7?

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:01:52 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I really don't want to install macport's Python, because Mountain Lion
already comes with Python. If I uninstall python27 (and all the ports that
depend on it) and issue "port select --list python" I get

Available versions for python:
	none (active)

Does this mean I can't select the system python27? And if so, why is this?

Furthermore, is it possible to install "subversion-python27bindings" against
the system Python 2.7?

PS: is it possible to be subscribed to this mailing list so that I can post
via nabble, but without receiving *ANY* e-mails? Google Groups makes such a
thing very easy.