new setuid error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 10 18:04:49 PDT 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 19:59, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on Mountain Lion, and have upgraded to Xcode 4.4. I get the following error
>
> $sudo port selfupdate
> dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo) is setuid or setgid

This message lets you know that you have set DYLD_ environment variables, and that they are being ignored. It's usually an error to set DYLD_ environment variables at all anyway, so you might want to consider removing them from your environment.

> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.1.1 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.1.2 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.1.2
> Installing new MacPorts release in /opt/local as root:admin; permissions 0755; Tcl-Package in /Library/Tcl
>
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: command execution failed
>

> This is new. What could I do to set this right?

Run selfupdate with the -d flag so that we can see why it failed.

sudo port -d selfupdate