new setuid error

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Sat Aug 11 22:38:53 PDT 2012

== Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote on Sat 11.Aug'12 at  8:46:43 -0500 ==

> checking for defaults... /usr/bin/defaults
> checking for xcode-select... /usr/bin/xcode-select
> checking Mac OS X version... 10.8
> checking Xcode location... /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
> checking Xcode version... 4.4.1
> checking for gcc... /usr/bin/cc
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base':
> See `config.log' for more details
> Command failed: cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base && CC=/usr/bin/cc ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-tclpackage=/Library/Tcl --with-install-user=root --with-install-group=admin --with-directory-mode=0755 --enable-readline && make && make install SELFUPDATING=1
> Exit code: 77
> DEBUG: Error installing new MacPorts base: command execution failed
>    while executing
> "macports::selfupdate [array get global_options] base_updated"
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error installing new MacPorts base: command execution failed
>

> So, it seems there is no `/usr/bin/cc`. I have no idea how this happened as I have, for the past several months now, installed lots of macport packages successfully.
>
> As I noted in my OP, I did upgrade to Mountain Lion, and therefore, to Xcode 4.4. Could that be a cause?

This issue has been discussed with solutions given several times over the week or so; check some earlier posts from the list and also follow the information provided by Lawrence in his response to you. It's relatively straight forward to put right.

		Jamie