new setuid error

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 12 12:50:02 PDT 2012

>> This is a new 'feature' in 10.8, and is printed even if the user doesn't have any DYLB_<X> environment variables. I don't, and I also get this message. A bit annoying. Hopefully Apple will address it in a future update.
>
> Are you sure? What's the output of:
>
> env | grep DY

Yes, I am sure…

> Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > env | grep DY
> Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ >

and

hris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > sudo port sync
dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo) is setuid or setgid
Password:
--->  Updating the ports tree

Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > sudo port sync
dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo) is setuid or setgid
Password:
--->  Updating the ports tree

> I am on Mountain Lion and I don't see this warning, nor have I heard anyone else report it

with a quick web search, I found plenty of reports…

cheers Chris