Where is the manpage of ack (a.k.a ack-grep on ubuntu)?

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 23:54:08 PDT 2012

On 12 Aug 2012, at 17:30, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see man page of ack. Is it available from macports? Or my
>
> It's not available as a manpage; "perldoc ack-5.12" works to get documentation, to the extent that ack *has* documentation.  (I am not pleased about having had to read its source to find out how its config file actually works, or what form color specifications take....)

So far as I can remember, the only thing I did was to make sure my MANPATH variable was MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:/opt/local/share/perl5.14/man: . (The '5.14' in that may need to be different depending on which version of perl you are using.) After doing that the ack manpage became available.

Barrie.