How to install doclifter without changing the default python?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 13 15:58:54 PDT 2012

On Aug 13, 2012, at 14:10, Peng Yu wrote:

> ~$ cat   /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_doclifter/doclifter/main.log
> version:1
> :msg:main --->  Computing dependencies for doclifter:info:main
> .:debug:main doclifter has no conflicts
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: python26
> :debug:main Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: python26
> :debug:main Changing to port directory:
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/lang/python26
> :debug:main OS darwin/10.8.0 (Mac OS X 10.6) arch i386
> :debug:main org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a
> pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
> :debug:main org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a
> pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
> :debug:main org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
> pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
> :debug:main Using group file
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/select-1.0.tcl
> :debug:main Reading variant descriptions from
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
> :debug:main universal variant already exists, so not adding the default one
> :info:main .:debug:main python26 has no conflicts
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: gettext
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for gettext
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: zlib
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for zlib
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: openssl
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for openssl
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: sqlite3
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for sqlite3
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: db46
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for db46
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: ncurses
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for ncurses
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: bzip2
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for bzip2
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: libedit
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for libedit
> :debug:main Searching for dependency: python_select
> :debug:main Found Dependency: receipt exists for python_select
> :msg:main
> :msg:main --->  Dependencies to be installed: python26
> :debug:main Starting logging for python26
> :debug:main Executing org.macports.main (doclifter)
> :debug:main changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
> :debug:main egid changed to: 502
> :debug:main euid changed to: 504
> :debug:archivefetch archivefetch phase started at Mon Aug 13 09:23:30 CDT 2012
> :msg:archivefetch --->  Fetching archive for doclifter
> :debug:archivefetch Executing org.macports.archivefetch (doclifter)
> :debug:archivefetch euid/egid changed to: 0/0
> [...]

The log shows that it couldn't fetch a pre-compiled package. That's completely normal since we don't have any pre-compiled packages for this port at this time. What I don't understand is why it didn't then try to fetch and build the source, unless you had a) edited macports.conf and changed buildfromsource to "never" or b) used the "-b" flag on the command line. Have you done either of those things? If so, don't do that. Either a) set buildfromsource back to "ifneeded" or use the "-s" flag on the command line, or b) don't use the "-b" flag on the command line.