py27-mayavi: No module named wx

alex m. mymacports at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:01:46 PDT 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Installing py27-configobj helped. Mayavi is working now.

Yes, it looks like Mayavi uses Qt 4.8.2. backend although I did not specify
this option when installing vtk5. Well.. does installing vtk5 like
"vtk5 -tcltk -x11" lead to using Qt4 backend? )

As for the the py26-* ports, I was surprised myself when, as I wrote, I
have uninstalled py26-envisagecore and py26-traits before
uninstalling/installing vtk5 and Mayavi, and at the end I got more py26-*
ports than at the beginning.

I do not have py26-mayavi installed:
...: port installed *mayavi*
  py27-mayavi @4.1.0_0 (active)