Issues installing octave on osx 10.6.8

George Profenza orgicus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 03:35:01 PDT 2012

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the support. I should've done a better job searching the
issue.
I've done as advised and the octave install worked.
When I activated fltk again I had this issue:

--->  The following versions of fltk are currently installed:
--->      fltk @1.1.9_0
--->      fltk @1.1.10_3
--->      fltk @1.1.10_4
Error: port activate failed: Registry error: Please specify the full
version as recorded in the port registry.

so I activated the latest one I have installed(sudo port activate fltk
@1.1.10_4)

The main issue I have is this: I can't plot anything from octave.
If I run something as simple as: stem([0,1,2])
the title of the terminal window changes to gnuplot instead of octave, but
there's no
X11 or aquaterm window displaying the plot.

I've looked at the messages and it looks like gnuplot was installed:
:msg:main --->  Dependencies to be installed: GraphicsMagick SuiteSparse
arpack openmpi gcc45 cctools cctools-headers llvm-3.1 llvm_select
gcc_select ld64 libmpc ppl glpk atlas fftw-3-single ftgl gawk ghostscript
jbig2dec *gnuplot* aquaterm gd2 xpm lua pdflib gsed qrupdate
:debug:clean Starting logging for gnuplot
:info:configure   gnuplot:              gnuplot

Any tips on how I can deal with this ?

Thanks,
George